New York Based Broker Theft Attorneys
Dedicated Securities Litigation Firm Taking On Cases Nationwide
There are many stockbrokers and brokerage firms that steal from their clients under the auspices of providing A-class financial advice. Broker theft is more pronounced in accounts owned by elderly investors who have little capacity or sophistication over their financial portfolio. It can, however, happen to anyone.
When this fraudulent behavior occurs, it is prudent to take resolute legal action under the guidance of our professional securities litigation attorneys at Weltz Law. We are highly experienced in securities litigation, arbitration, and all legal matters pertaining to the financial industry. We are committed to helping our clients recover losses from untrustworthy brokerage firms, and we will extend our energy and resources to help you achieve desirable results in FINRA arbitration.
What Is Broker Theft?
Today, many stockbrokers, brokerage firms, and financial advisors engage in unprofessional and unethical behavior that leaves their clients with significant financial losses. Broker theft is one type of misconduct brokers engage in. Even though there are many laws and regulations that have been enacted to protect investors against misdemeanors from their financial advisors, brokers use various schemes to steal their hard-earned money.
If you have been swindled by a brokerage firm, your claim can be resolved in securities arbitration. The legal team at Weltz Law has in-depth skills and knowledge in handling this kind of arbitration and we know how to prepare a compelling presentation that will ensure you are adequately compensated for your losses.
Common Types of Broker Theft
Brokers use different methods to steal from their clients, including:
- Fake Investments/Selling Away: This is where a broker makes up a great investment pitch but doesn’t actually invest the client’s money. The broker engages in Ponzi-scheme-like activities to prevent the client from recovering lost funds.
- Borrowing Money from Clients: FINRA rules prohibit registered brokers from borrowing money from customers, but there are some who enter into lending arrangements anyway. Brokers who borrow money from clients will look for deceptive ways to evade repayments.
- Elder Abuse: Some brokers take advantage of investors’ diminished capacity to exploit their assets. In some cases, they insert themselves as bookkeepers and manipulate the sending of checks. By pretending to manage an elderly person’s daily spending, they end up stealing funds in the process.
Other common forms of broker theft include:
- Taking money from an investor’s account for personal use
- Transferring stocks or cash from a client’s account without permission
- Forging checks
- Affinity fraud (investment scams directed towards particular professions and groups)
Why You Need A Securities Litigation Attorney For Broker Theft Claims
Broker theft arbitration can be a challenging process if you aren’t familiar with the law. Hiring a skilled securities litigation attorney is one of the surest ways of ensuring you are compensated for financial losses. Proper legal representation is a major step towards ensuring your case gets complete attention. An experienced attorney at our law firm can help you counter the arguments from attorneys hired by your brokerage firm and ensure you get justice swiftly and effectively.
Consult with a Seasoned Securities Litigation Attorney to Discuss Your Broker Theft Case
If you or a loved one has experienced significant financial loss due to the misconduct of a brokerage firm or stockbroker, then you need a law firm that understands your needs. At Weltz Law, we have a strong team of securities litigation attorneys who are ready to walk with you through your legal battle and ensure you get every cent you lost through greed and lies.
30+ Years of Collective Experience
Our attorneys have over 30 years of collective experience representing clients in all aspects of securities and commercial litigation.
Contingency Fees for Our Securities Law Clients
We will not receive a penny in attorney's fees unless a positive recovery is obtained in your case. Contact us to see if you're eligible.
We will assess the merits of your claims and help you decide on the next step.
Litigated Claims in Excess of $50 Million for Our Clients
Our firm has successfully recovered over $50 million for our clients.