Investor-Broker Arbitrations Results
- Obtained pre-hearing dismissal of all claims. [FINRA 18-01073]
- Obtained dismissal of all claims and expungement in favor of RIA. [FINRA 16-03129]
- Obtained dismissal of all claims and expungement in favor of investment professional. [FINRA 10-02737]
- Obtained dismissal for registered representative in customer arbitration involving $5 million claim. [NYSE 2001-008846]
- Favorable resolution of seniors’ claims over investment product.
- Favorable resolution of claims for defrauding elderly.
- Obtained expungement in favor or registered representatives in multiple FINRA arbitrations. [FINRA 19-00660; FINRA 18-03265; FINRA 18-02998; FINRA 17-01634; FINRA 16-03129; FINRA 13-03563; FINRA 10-02737; FINRA 01-06014]
Finra & SEC Results
- Represented public company in SEC investigation of internal controls.
- Represented public company in SEC investigation of 10-K/10-Qs.
- Represented hedge fund in SEC investigation of public company.
- Represented public companies in FINRA insider trading investigations.
- Obtained “No Action” and “Cautionary Action” letters from FINRA in investigations raising issues of selling away, outside business activity, sales practices, records retention, supervision, trade reporting and timing of U-4/U-5 disclosures.
- Represented CCO in alleged Ponzi Scheme involving parallel investigations.
- Represented broker’s broker in multi-year SEC investigation.
- Resolved SEC 12(j) proceeding that did not include revocation of issuer securities.
- Obtained rare exemption for broker dealer under FINRA taping rule.
- Obtained rare pre-trial, voluntary dismissal of SRO disciplinary proceeding.
- Vacated state securities bureau order to show cause seeking revocation of registered representative’s state securities license.
- Represented CEO in state securities investigation raising blue sky issues.
Industry and Employment Dispute Results
- Obtained award against broker-dealer in industry trade dispute. [FINRA 18-03952]
- Obtained dismissal of all claims in industry trade dispute. [FINRA 16-00682]
- Successfully defended broker-dealer and investment professionals in $22 million employment claim. [NASD 01-06939]
- Obtained dismissal of all claims in industry contract dispute. [NASD 01-00050]
Securities Litigation Results
- Obtained dismissal of all claims pled by plaintiffs, derivatively on behalf of a public company, against certain of the directors and officers of the company.
- Obtained a report and recommendation from a Special Referee in the Supreme Court of New York, County of New York, recommending that the Court award approximately $7,500,000 in damages in connection with a breached convertible promissory note.
- Represented investment bank in IPO litigation in SDNY. In re Initial Public Offering Securities Litigation, 728 F. Supp. 2d 289 (S.D.N.Y. 2010).
- Obtained dismissal of securities class action fraud claims against research analyst on motion to dismiss. Bonanno v. Cellular Biomedicine Group, Inc., 2016 U.S. District Lexis 66841 (ND Cal. 2016)
- Obtained dismissal of securities fraud action on a motion to dismiss. Grossberg v. Lasermedics, Inc., 1996 U.S. District Lexis 4041 (S.D.N.Y. 1996)